Southport - Gardens Park and Pier
Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Southport Gardens, Park and Pier?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Treasure Hunt themed driving and walking Treasure Trail around Southport Gardens Park and Pier
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2.5 miles walking, 4 miles driving and takes 3.5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Linear route Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Southport Gardens Park and Pier Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
Trail starts in the Botanic Gardens where there are 7 clues in a rough anti-clockwise circle, then moves to Hesketh Park where there are 8 clues scattered throughout the park and finishes on the promenade to walk along the half-mile or so of the pier.
All three locations have opening hours, typically:
Botanic Gardens 9am - 4.30pm
Hesketh Park 5am - 10pm
Pier 11am - 5pm
Wheelchair users may have a longer route around Hesketh Park as there are a mixture of paths and steps but all clues should be possible.
This Trail can be done in conjunction with Southport Lord Street to make a day of it.