You're an Urban Rover! You love the hustle and bustle of busy towns and cities, where there's always something going on. You love being on the go and always have something scheduled, whether you're meeting friends to attend the latest event or trying the new restaurant with a loved one. Your perfect adventure day out involves hunting for hidden gems off the beaten track in the city, with a variety of sights, sounds, tastes and experiences to enjoy. A smartphone is a vital tool in your exploration kit - it gives you instant access to what's on and what's nearby.
Your Urban Rover Bucket List
Your challenge is to: Unleash your inner urban warrior! We have 15 challenges plus bonus challenges for you to choose from. Will you complete 5, 10 or all 15 along with all three bonus challenges?
1. Capital City challenge: Visit a capital city - it could be the capital of your county, your nation, or just one you've always wanted to visit. If you live in a capital, explore the next closest one and investigate the differences.
2. Boat challenge: See a town or city from a different perspective - the water! Take a boat trip along a river or canal that runs through them and notice how different the buildings look compared to on land and how the pace changes on the water.
3. Old challenge: Discover the oldest town or city in your county, then go and check it out.
4. Music challenge: List five urban objects, along with five sounds. (E.g., bench = clap). Go on a walk. When you spot one of your objects, make that sound.
5. Inventions challenge: Gather the art supplies or tap into your tech skill and design your own board game! Challenge friends to do the same, then host a games night to test them out.
7. Nature challenge: Inspect your garden or a nearby park and play nature bingo! Find a fun worksheet online and see what plants and animals you spot.
8. Museum challenge: Research the top visitor attractions in a town you’ve never visited before. Take a vote and plan a day out to the winning attraction.
9. Tower challenge: Head to the top floor of the tallest publicly accessible building in your area and enjoy the view of the buildings below.
10. Cathedral challenge: Instead of enjoying the usual view outside a cathedral, head inside and go on a tour of the building.
11. Miles challenge: Sign up for a geocaching app or community and head out in search of some fascinating treasures!
12. Academic challenge: Learn a new skill or hobby by signing up for an interesting class, whether digital or in person.
14. Art challenge: Take a photo of your favourite spot in your town or city every month and see how it changes with the seasons.
15. Bridge challenge: Go on an open-top bus tour of a city you think you know, and make sure you bring headphones to listen to the tour guide - you never know what you might learn! Call out "Bridge" every time you go under or over a bridge during the tour.
Set your challenge
Adventure changes the way you see the world for the better - something we all need after the last few years! So, tap into your inner urban warrior, step out of the front door with your eyes wide open and make this your year of adventure!
Picking challenges can give you something to aim for, and sprinkling them throughout the year gives you something to look forward to, but pledging them makes you much more likely to succeed! Take a look at the challenges and decide how many you want to pledge to do: five, 10 or 15.
Make your pledge below to confirm your commitment! We'll then email you a PDF of your challenges to print out and stick on the fridge or other prime spot in your home...
*denotes required information