This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data; including the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) together, and with other subsequent laws "Data Protection Laws".
Who we are
FAO: Privacy Officer
Armstrong Best Limited trading as Treasure Trails
6 High Cross
Telephone: 01872 263692 and ask to speak to the Privacy Officer.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, financial information, personal description, medical conditions.
Information we collect about you
With regard to visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to, through and from our site (including date and time); order history, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from third parties such as our Trail Writing Partners and social media platforms. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- notify you about changes to our service;
- provide you with products and services;
- ensure that content within our products, services and site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- obtain your feedback in relation to our products, services or site.
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information to provide you:
- with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us; and
- with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
Information we collect about you
Examples of how we will use this information include (but are not limited to);
- to administer our services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our services, site and premises safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We will keep your information within the 'organisation' except where disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we use third party service providers (data processors) to supply and support our services to you. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal data unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal data with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Please see below the list of services where we use third party data processors which sets out the categories of recipients of personal data.
IT Providers e.g. Digital data storage and IT Support
Online live chat platform
Market research companies
Independent review sites
Online payment gateways
Text messaging service
Secure document disposal service
Internal HR systems provider
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under the Data Protection Laws your rights are:
- To be informed – We must make available this privacy notice with the emphasis on transparency over how we process your data.
- Access – You are entitled to find out what details we may hold about you and why.
- Rectification – We are obliged to correct or update your details.
- Erasure – This is also known as the request to be forgotten.
- Restrict processing – You have the right to 'block' or suppress the processing by us of your personal data.
- Data portability – You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data that you have provided to us.
- Object – You have the right to object to us processing your data in relation to direct marketing and or profiling.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – We do not use automatic decision making or processing.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary. If you are a user of our services, then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use our services.