The 2023 Trail Mail Challenge
Welcome to the 2023 Trail Mail Challenge, where you'll get to show off your clue-cracking skills and maybe even earn some prizes! Each fortnight, a new challenge is set, with three sneaky clues to solve. Do you have what it takes to become the 2023 Trail Mail champion?
There are seven Trail Mail challenges to tackle. Each challenge visits a new spotlight location and uses a photo of clue material that can be found there. Three clues are set on the image - one Easy Peasy, one Mind Twister and one Brain Buster. Your goal is to solve as many of the puzzles as you can before the competition ends.
A new puzzle will be released every fortnight. You can submit your answers to any challenge at any time before 11:59pm on Thursday 4th January, but the sooner you submit your answers, the more chances you have to win (more on that below!).
Here are the links to the released puzzles and dates for when the rest can be solved:
- The Lincoln Trail Mail Challenge - now live
- The Caerleon Trail Mail Challenge - now live
- The Exeter Trail Mail Challenge - now live
- The Portrush Trail Mail Challenge - now live
- The Aboyne Trail Mail Challenge - now live
- The Southwark Trail Mail Challenge - live on Friday 8th December
- The York Trail Mail Challenge - live on Friday 22nd December
Each Trail Mail challenge gives you the chance to earn up to six points - one for the Easy Peasy clue, two for the Mind Twister, and three for the Brain Buster. You'll need to submit your answer to each challenge to earn the points, which will get you a space on the leaderboard.
The leaderboard will be refreshed every fortnight, starting Friday 13th October. Please make sure you use the same email and codename every time you submit to make sure your points are added together. Please use a codename that is unique to you and does not contain personal information (like your email address or full name), as this will be displayed on the leaderboard.
If you forget your codename, don't worry, you can enter a new one, and we'll link it to all your answers, as long as you've used the same email address.
What's up for grabs?
There are plenty of prizes to be earned throughout the 2023 Trail Mail Challenge!
Every fortnight, when the leaderboard is updated, we'll pick three people at random from the leaderboard to win a free Treasure Trail of their choice. So, make sure you submit your answers ASAP to get your name into the prize draw.
Plus, there will be some grand prizes awarded to the top scorers at the end of the competition.
Whoever earns the top score on the leaderboard will win a Family Adventure Box, worth £59.99, including a £40 Treasure Trails voucher, an awesome activity sheet, Scallywags - a super fun card game of treasure and trickery - and more!
Two runners-up will each receive a Mystery Treasure Box with a giant activity sheet, pirate coins and stickers, and a £10 Treasure Trails voucher.
The competition closes at 11:59pm on Thursday 4th January, so make sure that you submit all of your answers before then for your chance to win the top prize!
The 2023 Trail Mail Challenge T&Cs
- There are 3 Treasure Trails Vouchers up for grabs every fortnight - 21 in total.
- A Treasure Trails Voucher is valid for a Printed or Download version of any Trail available for sale on our website.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all correct answers.
- One Family Adventure Box will be awarded to the person with the highest score at the end of the competition.
- Two runners-up will each be awarded a Mystery Treasure Box.
- In the event that multiple people have the same score at the top of the leaderboard, the prize winners will be picked at random from those with the top score.
- Prizes cannot be swapped or exchanged.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Open to UK residents, excluding employees of Treasure Trails.
- The closing date for entries is 11:59pm on Thursday 4th January 2024. Any answers submitted after this time will not be included in the final leaderboard.
- Entry is via the entry forms on the individual Trail Mail Challenge pages only.
- Only one entry per person/email address.
- Winners of the fortnightly prize draw will be notified within 5 working days.
- Winners of the grand prizes will be notified by Friday 12th January 2023.
- The winners’ names and entries will be available upon request.
- Answers will be published after the closing date.
- The promoter is Armstrong Best Ltd t/a Treasure Trails, Truro.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Treat your inbox
Receive our newsletter on the latest offers and happenings.
You can unsubscribe any time you want.