Pickering to Grosmont
Treasure Hunt Trail
- Regular price
- £9.99 + FREE p&p
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Are you ready to explore the North Yorkshire Moors by train?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Treasure Hunt themed walking and train based Treasure Trail exploring the North Yorkshire Moors
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 1 mile long and takes 4+ hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The North Yorkshire Moors Railway Trail Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
This Trail requires the purchase of train tickets for travel on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. Before purchasing this Trail, please visit www.nymr.co.uk for the latest ticket prices to ensure that you are happy to pay these.
You will need return tickets between Pickering and Grosmont, which allow for a break in the journey to alight at Goathland and solve the clues there.
Alternatively you could choose to walk between Goathland and Grosmont along the historic Rail Trail (3.5 miles) which follows the older, steeper railway line through Beck Hole. It is better to start the walk from Goathland as it is downhill to Grosmont!
Clues are set at Pickering, Goathland and Grosmont Stations. Clues at Pickering and Goathland are in the stations themselves. At Grosmont, you will also explore the village along to the engine sheds to solve the Clues. You will need to allow up to an hour to solve the Clues. Extra time whilst waiting for the next trail can be spent exploring each station stop further at your leisure.
Please check that trains are running before you travel and examine the timetable for that day to plan your journeys. On all timetables, you will need to set off on a morning train, the earlier the better to give you more train options. On the Winter Timetable and some other off-peak periods, you will have to ensure that you are on the first train of the day. Full train times and information are available on www.nymr.co.uk
WCs, refreshments and shops are available at all three stops on this Trail