University of York Campus
Secret Spy Mission Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore the University of York campus?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Spy Mission themed walking Treasure Trail around the University of York Campus
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2 miles long and takes 2 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Free mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The University of York Campus Trail Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
Situated to the east of the beautiful and historic city of York, the University of York campus is approximately 200 acres in size. Since its doors opened in 1963, it has climbed the league tables, and was recently named 'University of the Year' at the Times Higher Education Awards 2010.
Along this Trail you will be led around the main site of Heslington West, taking in the key landmarks, colleges, sculptures and historical listed buildings that make the campus so appealing on a local, national and international level. The renowned campus lakes and greenery and the extensive wildlife, which includes a designated bird sanctuary, all emphasise why the institution is so popular.
If the fresh air has helped work up an appetite or left you parched, never fear! During term time there are over a dozen eateries and bars to choose from in the form of restaurants, cafes and snack bars all across campus. Alternatively, the delightful village of Heslington is in close proximity and offers two decent pubs, serving mammoth portions and an impressive selection of real ales.
This thrilling circular Spy Walking Trail is set mostly on flat footpaths so normal walking shoes will be adequate. The two mile, two hour Trail has been deemed suitable for light pushchairs but please be aware there are series of steps to negotiate along the route. Therefore, we would recommend two adults be present to help with any lifting that may be necessary. Unfortunately, the steps make the Trail unsuitable for wheelchair users.