York - Museum Gardens
Treasure Hunt Trail
- Regular price
- £9.99 + FREE p&p
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Are you ready to explore York Centre and Museum Gardens area?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Treasure Hunt themed walking Treasure Trail around York Centre & Museum Gardens
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2 miles long and takes 2 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The York Centre & Museum Gardens Treasure Hunt Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
Historic York has an abundance of must see sights, for residents and tourists alike. Starting at Micklegate Bar, the southern entrance to York, this Trail will encompass the ancient St Mary Bishophill Junior, the oldest church in York, also the lively shopping streets of the thriving city centre, the picturesque Museum Gardens and the spectacular Art Gallery. As you cross the River Ouse you will overlook the bustling riverside and have many opportunities for veering off, and taking in some much needed refreshments.
Once the Trail is complete, there are plenty more attractions and distractions to further enhance your action packed, fun filled day out for all the family. Why not wander around the enthralling Yorkshire Museum, enjoy a river cruise or sit resplendent in one of the many cafe bars? You could always explore York further with our other two city centre Trails. York truly does cater for each and everyone's tastes.
Whilst this treasure hunt Walking Trail is city centre based, it will also take you slightly off the beaten track. Set mostly on flat footpaths, normal walking shoes will suffice. The two mile, two hour Trail should not pose any difficulties for pushchairs. However, please be aware that there are a few steps to negotiate along the route. During the York Mystery Plays, some of the clues may not be accessible.
PLEASE NOTE - The Museum Gardens (Clues 11 to 15) close at 6pm so make sure you don't get locked out!