Symonds Yat - a River Walk
Treasure Hunt Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Symonds Yat?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Treasure Hunt themed walking Treasure Trail around Symonds Yat
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 3 miles long and takes 3 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Free mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Symonds Yat - A River Walk Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
This Trail involves use of a hand ferry and a bridge.
The route follows the edge of the River Wye - it may become muddy in the winter and it is worth checking before you set out that the ferry is running.
The Saracen's Head Inn operates the hand ferry. It is available all year round when the river levels permit from 11.00 am.
If in doubt, please check that the ferry is running and their latest prices by telephoning the Saracen's Head directly on (01600 890435).
Please be aware that parking at Symonds Yat is limited and can be difficult during busy periods.