Shiptonthorpe and Holme-on-Spalding-Moor
Secret Spy Mission Trail
- Regular price
- £9.99 + FREE p&p
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Are you ready to explore Shiptonthorpe and Holme on Spalding Moor?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Spy Mission themed driving and cycling or driving Treasure Trail around Shiptonthorpe & Holme on Spalding Moor
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail involves approximately 2.5 miles of walking and 5 miles of cycling or driving (depending on which you choose!), and will take around 2.5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop walks around two village destinations
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Shiptonthorpe & Holme on Spalding Moor starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
The pretty villages of Shiptonthorpe and; Holme on Spalding Moor lie in the Vale of York, in close proximity to the stunning Yorkshire Wolds.
Whilst on the Trail you will see two contrasting villages, the sleepy Shiptonthorpe and the busier Holme on Spalding Moor. The highlight of the Trail is the 13th century church perched on a hill offering magnificent views of the village below, and the picturesque, surrounding area.
Undoubtedly the Trail will help work up an appetite. If so, then you will be spoilt for choice with the abundance of public houses in the villages. Rest assured you will at the very least be able to quench your thirst in the welcoming hostelries!
This Spy Trail involves a drive of approximately 5 miles, two walks totalling about 2.5 miles, and will last around 2.5 hours. Although this has been designed as a car driving Trail, it could easily be used as a cycling Trail. If cycling, please note that the route between the two villages is along the A163, which can be quite busy at times.
There is a long walk up a steep hill to the church in Holme on Spalding Moor, through a field, towards the end of the Trail. Therefore, it is not suitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs. Appropriate footwear is advisable.