Leeds - Roundhay Park
Secret Spy Mission Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Roundhay Park?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Spy Mission themed walking Treasure Trail around Roundhay Park in Leeds
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2.4 miles long and takes 2.5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Roundhay Park Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
Please Note:This Trail cannot be fully completed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Year's Day. This is because the Specialist Gardens at the start and finish of this Trail are closed on these days.
The route includes a series of steps and sections across grass, up a steepish grassy hill and along some woodland paths so is not suitable for wheelchair users or most pushchairs.
All-terrain pushchair users willing to negotiate grassy slopes would manage with some slight detours to use alternative paths.
Roundhay Park is a great place for dogs to let off steam! They'll need to be on a lead in the specialist gardens though.
Parking is free in the car parks at Roundhay Park and there is plenty of free on-street parking if these are full.
There are public toilets in the Tropical World cafe near the start, at the Lakeside Cafe halfway round and in Mansion House towards the end of the Trail. These are marked on the park maps and are all subject to the opening hours of these locations.
There are plentiful scenic picnic opportunities - pack a rug and pick your spot! If you prefer, there are cafes near the start, middle and end of the Trail, as well as a pub near the start / finish point.