Penarth Town and Pier
Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Penarth?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking Treasure Trail around Penarth
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2 miles long and takes 2.5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Penarth Town and Pier Treasure Trail starts at:
Vale of Glamorgan
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
This is a circular walking Trail set in the delightful Victorian sea-side town of Penarth. It takes in all the best parts, the pier and promenade, the town and parks and interesting buildings of great design and quirkiness.
The pier and parks are all closed at dusk so make sure you finish in good time.
It is a good walk with some steep climbs and steps so not suitable for wheelchair users. There are toilets at the start and finish and part way through.
There are picnic places and shops and cafes along the way. From St Augustine's church, the highest point in Penarth about 220 feet above sea level, there are great views of Cardiff Bay and the Barrage, the Bristol Channel and on a clear day you can even see the towers of the Severn Bridges near Chepstow!