Ilkley - A Walk On The Wild Side
Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Ilkley?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking Treasure Trail around Ilkley
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2.2 miles long and takes 2.5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Free mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Ilkley - On the wild side Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
As a lot of the Trail is via country paths, the weather can make them muddy and parts of the Moor can get exposed in the wind and rain, so please ensure you have suitable footwear and clothing before setting off.
There are public conveniences situated in the town at the main car park on South Hawksworth Street (LS29 9LA) and also up on the moor, next to the White Wells Spa Cafe.
Once you leave the town area, there aren't many opportunities for refreshments (unless the White Wells Spa Cafe is open, but they have a limited menu, serving mainly hot drinks) so best to plan ahead before setting off. Of course, the area around White Wells is ideal for a picnic with stunning views across Ilkley on a clear day and there is a picnic area in the Darwin Gardens at the end of the Trail.
There is also a Scenic Detour included in the Trail if you fancy exploring the moors in more (!) detail to go and see Yorkshire's oldest rock carving; the Swastika Stone.