Holmfirth - Summer Wine Country
Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Holmfirth?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking Treasure Trail around Holmfirth
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 1.8 miles long and takes 2 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Holmfirth - Summer Wine Country Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
This Trail explores the picturesque town of Holmfirth, home of TV show Last of the Summer Wine. The Trail mainly follows pavements and country lanes but is very steep in places, with a few steps along the way making it unsuitable for pushchairs or wheelchairs.
There are busy roads, some with no pavements, and also a few steep hills that can get quite slippery when wet so please take care at all times. Also, due to the nature of the town, the route is set out in a figure of eight, so you may see some places more than once!
There are plenty of opportunities for refreshments around the town, as well reliving those Last of the Summer Wine memories by popping into Sid's Cafe for a pot of tea and maybe some Summer Wine souvenirs! There is also a park with a children's playground and a memorial garden at the end of the Trail, so chance for a picnic as well.
Public conveniences are situated near the bus station and post office area, which is near the middle and end of the Trail.