Treasure Hunt Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Hitchin?
Attention treasure seekers - we need you!
This self-guided treasure hunt explores Hitchin's spooky side. Hunt high and low along...
- A self-guided treasure hunt walking Trail around Hitchin.
- Ideal for kids aged 6 - 106!
- 1.8 mile 'loop' Trail (takes 2 hours to complete at your own pace).
- Text message service with clues if you get stuck.
- Solve the quest and be entered into a £100 monthly draw.
- Learn more about where you live or explore somewhere new.
- Download your Trail now for instant fun (or receive your copy in the post)!
The Haunted Hitchin Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
This route is not recommended for wheelchair users due to some uneven walkways and busy roads, however those with pushchairs should find this manageable.
Bring your four-legged friends along! Please note that it is a busy town centre so dogs will need to be kept on leads.
There are some fantastic events in Hitchin's calendar, as well as regular markets. Although these are great times to visit Hitchin, some of the Clues on this Trail may become obstructed or difficult to access. If you would like further information about event dates, please contact Hitchin Visitor Information.
There are public toilets available towards the beginning of the Trail and the route passes several pubs and a few cafes along the way.
Why not make a day of it and visit Hitchin's British Schools Museum or spend your afternoon strolling around Butts Close or the nearby Oughtonhead Nature Reserve!