Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Hillsborough?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking Treasure Trail around Hillsborough
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2 miles long and takes 1.5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Hillsborough Detective Mystery Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
To complete this Trail there are a couple of Clues at the start that are inside the Visitor Information Centre.
Opening hours are:
Monday to Saturday: 09:30 to 17:30 all year
Sundays: (April to September 11.00 to 16:00)
Closed Christmas (24 - 26 December)
Closed New Year (31 December and; 1 January)
For more details about the VIC, click here to visit their website.
There are also Clues to be solved in the fascinating Hillsborough Fort, which also has restricted opening hours:
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 - 16:00
Sunday: 11:00 - 16:00
Closing of gates commences 15 mins before site closure time.
For more information about the Fort, please click here to visit their website.
Why not combine your Trail with a visit to the Hillsborough Castle and Gardens? For full details of the latest ticket prices and opening hours, click here to visit their website.