Detective Mystery Trail
- Regular price
- £9.99 + FREE p&p
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Are you ready to explore Helmsley?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking Treasure Trail around Helmsley
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2.5 miles long and takes roughly 2 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Helmsley Treasure Trail starts at:
North York Moors National
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
This Trail follows a circular route and includes country paths and a sports field, so pick footwear for possibly muddy sections. It starts at the entrance to the main Long Stay car park near the castle and explores the market square and town centre as well as some less frequently visited areas of Helmsley.
Please note that the Church porch doors for Clue 09 are open 9-5pm in summer, 9-4pm in winter.
There are plenty of pubs, cafes and tea rooms in and around the town centre. There is a children's playground towards the beginning of the Trail. Toilets are available in the car park at the start and near the market square towards the end of the Trail.
Extend your trip:
Helmsley Castle is well worth a visit, as are the Helmsley Walled Gardens
(Admission times and charges apply). Market day is Friday.
Follow signs to the main Long Stay car park (YO62 5AT), situated near the castle and Tourist Information Centre.