Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Heartlands?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking Treasure Trail around Heartlands
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 1.5 miles long and takes 2 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Heartlands Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
Heartlands offers a diverse mix of family friendly facilities, with cafes, a children's adventure playground, shops and even engine house tours can be arranged! (Separate charges would apply for engine house tours).
When you've completed your Trail, why not stay for a while to experience the full extent of the facilities?
Click here for more information on how to get to Heartlands and for details of how to redeem your car parking costs in any of the on site shops/cafes.
Due to the nature of the facilities here, events that are held on site can unfortunately restrict access to some of the clues. If you are travelling to do the Trail, we advise checking the Heartlands events calendar here to avoid any disappointment when you arrive.
The site is open every day of the year, except Christmas and Boxing Day. Some of the clues in the later part of the Trail are set around the botanical gardens. The gates to the garden are locked every day at dusk, so please ensure that you leave plenty of time to complete these clues before you set off on your adventure!
Unfortunately, due to narrow pavements and some steps involved to solve one of the clues, this Trail is not deemed wheelchair friendly.
One clue along the route of the Trail requires counting of steps, so please bear this in mind if you are alone with a puschair.
Heartlands is a Dog friendly trail site but please keep dogs on leads.