Edinburgh - Royal Mile
Detective Mystery Trail
- Regular price
- £9.99 + FREE p&p
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Are you ready to explore Edinburgh?
Super sleuths - fetch your magnifying glasses!
This self-guided detective mystery investigation leads you through the heritage and culture of...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking Treasure Trail around Edinburgh's Royal Mile
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 1 mile long and takes 1.5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Edinburgh Royal Mile Treasure Trail starts at:
City of Edinburgh
Edinburgh & The Lothians
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
Before you set off on your awesome adventure, there are a few things you need to know...
The Trail is friendly for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
Bring your four-legged friends along! Please note that this is a busy city centre, so dogs will need to be kept on leads.
The closest long stay pay and display car park to the start of the Trail is the St John's Hill NCP (EH8 9UL), just a 10-minute walk away. Or why not try one of Edinburgh's fantastic Park and Ride services?
There are some fantastic events in Edinburgh's calendar, all of which are great times to visit this beautiful city. However, you may find that some of the clues on this Trail may become obstructed or difficult to access on these occasions - especially during the Fringe Festival. If you would like further information about event dates, please contact Edinburgh Visitor Information.
Public toilets are available at the start and middle of the Trail, and there is a myriad of cafes, restaurants, pubs and other eating establishments throughout the route.
Why not make a day of it by visiting Mary King Close, St Giles Cathedral or Edinburgh Castle along the way? You could even challenge yourself to another Trail adventure to uncover more twisting tales about this amazing city!