Coniston and Low Yewdale
Treasure Hunt Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Coniston?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Treasure Hunt themed walking Treasure Trail around Coniston
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2.5 miles long and takes 2+ hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Coniston Low Yewdale Treasure Trail starts at:
Lake District National Park
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
This is a circular Trail that explores the picturesque Low Yewdale which used to be part of the larger Monk Coniston estate.
The majority of the Trail is off road, following well-defined and clearly marked country footpaths which can be uneven in places, so stout footwear, and waterproofs, are recommended.
There are no places to stop for refreshments along the way but plenty of opportunity for a picnic with stunning views, so please plan ahead.
There are plenty of amenities available in the village of Coniston as well as public toilets in the main car park (LA21 8EH) next to the main Tourist Information Centre. You will need to make use of these before starting or after finishing the Trail.