Strand on the Green - Riverside Walk
Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Chiswick?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking or cycling Treasure Trail around Chiswick
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 3 miles long and takes 3 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Free mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Strand on the Green - Riverside Walk Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
The Strand on the Green Trail explores both banks of the River Thames between Kew Bridge and Chiswick Bridge, following The Thames Path National Trail and finishing at Strand on the Green, which must rank highly amongst the most interesting streets in London, with its quaint flood defences.
Some parts of the Trail are only open till dusk, but do you really want to be searching in the dark anyway?
Some sections of the Trail will get muddy in wet weather so appropriate footwear is advised and unfortunately, because of a number of steps at the river crossings and a very narrow lock bridge, this Trail is not suitable for wheelchair users or for heavy pushchairs. Cycling is allowed on about 80 per cent of the Trail but you will need to be able to carry your bike up and down the steps at each bridge and across a very narrow lock gate. You can walk with your bike on the other 20 per cent of the Trail.
Once or twice a month the riverside footpath at Strand on the Green is prone to flooding at especially high tides, and while very interesting to see, is not suitable for doing the Trail as several clues will be inaccessible. You can check for high tide dates and times at http://thamestides.org.uk/Tides-ChiswickSummary.htm".
If you do find yourself unable to complete the Trail while the footpath is under water, you can always pass the time at one of the three excellent riverside pubs which can be accessed from the rear. It only takes a couple of hours before the water recedes and the path is once again passable.
There is Street parking in the area around the start of the Trail. There are parking restrictions on Mondays to Fridays between 10 am and 12 noon, the rest of the time there are no restrictions.
Kew Bridge railway station is a few short steps away.
A bite to eat
As the Trail is mainly on the riverside footpath, there are no places to buy snacks or drinks until the last half hour of the Trail at Strand on the Green where there are several excellent riverside pubs to choose from. It would be a good idea to bring snacks and drinks with you.
A place to let your dog off the lead?
The riverside path is a great place for dogs and they can be off the lead for most of the Trail.