Carlisle - the Roman Hoard
Treasure Hunt Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Carlisle?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Treasure Hunt themed walking Treasure Trail around Carlisle
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2.2 miles long and takes 2+ hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Carlisle - The Roman Hoard Treasure Trail starts at:
Saint Albans Row
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
The Trail explores the historical city of Carlisle taking you past the cathedral, castle and Tullie House Museum which are all worth a visit. It mainly follows pavements and footpaths. The closest car park to the start is The Lanes (CA3 8NX).
It will also introduce you to some of Carlisle's more current delights, grand buildings, coffee shops, pedestrian areas, museums parks and stores so plenty to do whilst you're visiting the city!
There are public toilets available in The Lanes shopping centre (CA3 8NS).