Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Bourton-on-the-Water?
Be sharp, super sleuths - there's an assignment we need your help with!
This self-guided detective mystery Trail will...
- A self-guided detective mystery walking Trail around Bourton-on-the-Water.
- Ideal for kids aged 6 – 106!
- 1.6-mile ‘loop’ Trail (takes 1.5 hours to complete at your own pace).
- Text message service with clues if you get stuck.
- Solve the mission and be entered into a £100 monthly draw.
- Learn more about where you live or explore somewhere new.
- Download your Trail now for instant fun (or receive your copy in the post)!
The Bourton-on-the-Water Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
Before you set off on your awesome adventure, there are a few things you need to know...
The route isn’t friendly for wheelchair users and pushchairs. This is due to narrow gates along the footpaths.
Bring your four-legged friends along! This Trail is suitable for dogs.
We recommend parking on Station Road (GL54 2EP), just a few minute's walk from the start of your Trail.
There are some fantastic events in Bourton-on-the-Water’s calendar, all of which are great times to visit this beautiful village. However, you may find that some of the clues on this Trail may become obstructed or difficult to access on these occasions. If you would like further information about event dates, please contact Bourton-on-the-Water Tourist Information.
There are public toilets available towards the beginning and end of the Trail. There are refreshment stops at various places along the way.