Treasure Hunt Trail
- Regular price
- £9.99 + FREE p&p
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Are you ready to explore Bolton Abbey?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Treasure Hunt themed walking Treasure Trail around Bolton Abbey
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 7 miles long and takes 5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- linear walking Trail - 3.5 miles to solve all the clues, then a 3.5 mile return journey to the start (total of 7 miles)
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Bolton Abbey Explorer Treasure Trail starts at:
Bolton Abbey Village Car Park
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
You must pre-book your admission to the Bolton Abbey Estate, including selecting your car park and arrival time slot in order to complete this Trail. There is an admission fee payable per car. You can pre-book at www.boltonabbey.com. (Select the Village Car Park.)
Your quest entails a series of clues clustered around the village and priory, the Cavendish Pavilion and the Strid areas of the Bolton Abbey Estate. It's a linear 3.5 mile walk to solve the Clues. Once completed you will need to bravely return back to the start, so be prepared for a full seven mile walk.
The route includes well-maintained gravel footpaths and some riverside paths which could be muddy. Whilst mainly flat, there are some steps and short steep sections.
There are ample public conveniences and refreshment opportunities along the Trail. Bolton Abbey is also ideal for enjoying a picnic along the riverside.