Ambleside - a Rambler's Riddle
Detective Mystery Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Ambleside?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Detective Mystery themed walking Treasure Trail around Ambleside
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 2.2 miles long and takes 2+ hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Free mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Ambleside - A Rambler`s Riddle Treasure Trail starts at:
Lake District National Park
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
The route follows pavements and country footpaths and involves negotiating a number of features such as gates, narrow paths, steep sections and steps. There is one long set of steps up with a suggested alternative via a road which is still very steep. This incline is worth it for the views across Ambleside!
The terrain makes the route unsuitable for wheelchair and pushchair users.
Toilets are available in the car park at the start and also in the town centre later on in the Trail.
Ambleside has a bustling town centre with a wide variety of cafes, pubs and restaurants, as well as convenience stores. If you wish to take a picnic, the first section of the Trail through the park is the best place to stop.