Winchester City to St Catherine's Hill
Secret Spy Mission Trail
Warning: Our Trails are highly addictive (even for parents)!
Are you ready to explore Winchester?
Are you looking for something to do with family and friends or seeking a fun day out with the kids...
- A Spy Mission themed walking Treasure Trail around Winchester
- Ideal for discovering more about where you live or exploring somewhere new
- Trails are done in your own time at your own pace
- This Trail is approximately 4.5 miles long and takes 3.5 hours to complete
- This Trail is suitable for all ages from 6 - 106 (no children necessary!)
- One Trail booklet is enough for 4-5 people
- Chance to win some real Treasure! All correct answers are entered into the monthly £100 prize draw
- Circular loop Trail
- Mobile phone text service for clue answers if you get stuck, ensuring that no mystery goes unsolved
- This Trail can be sent to you in the post or downloaded today for instant Trailing fun!
The Winchester City to St Catherine`s Hill Treasure Trail starts at:
We have three super duper themed Clubs for your child to enjoy as part of their Treasure Trail experience.
Perfect for 4-8 year olds, the concept behind the Clubs is that your child will get a bundle of goodies to excite them about their forthcoming Trail experience, something to keep them entertained whilst travelling to and from the Trail, and something to be given on completion of the Trail as a keepsake.
Show more »
Winchester City to St Catherine's Hill starts at the Guildhall and follows a circular route past the Cathedral, through the Water Meadows, past St Cross Hospital and around to St Catherine's Hill, returning by a different path along the river.
Those not keen on walking the 300 steps up St Catherine's Hill may avoid this by following the path beside the river to the left of the hill. They would miss two Clues based on the Hill, but can use the Text Line to solve these Clues.
The Trail itself will take around three hours or so to complete. However, you can easily make a full day of it by visiting attractions along the way (Winchester Cathedral, Winchester College, or St Cross Hospital, for example), or having a picnic along the river or on St Catherine's Hill.
This is one of five Trails in Winchester City. The Trails are totally independent of each other and explore different parts of this fascinating city.