LAST UPDATED 25th February 2022
Dear Treasure Trailers,
As you know, Treasure Trails are a great way to get outdoors, grab some fresh air and put those braincells to work whilst having a great time exploring! However, we want you to have the very best Treasure Trail experience! So before you embark on your next adventure, please read our advice for safe and responsible Trailing below.
STAY SAFE – BE PREPARED – FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES
- Follow any social distancing signs or requests to wear face coverings and stay alert at all times. Be prepared to skip a clue if it's in an area too crowded for comfort.
- Minimise touching any hard surfaces such as plaques, signs or information boards that clues may be set on, or gates, walls or benches.
- Don't linger for too long in busy areas – if you need to, take a photo of a plaque or sign and move to a quieter area, or solve the clue at home.
- Keep others safe – remember that there are many vulnerable people who still need or wish to self-isolate or maintain a greater social distance than guidelines suggest. While walking, please respect others and keep a safe distance from residential homes, schools and other premises.
- Take supplies with you. We want you to support local businesses in your chosen location, but do suggest that you take anything vital you might need with you just in case. This includes snacks and drinks, hand sanitiser and face coverings.
- Plan ahead. If you're hoping to have a pub lunch or other meal, or detour from your Trail into a museum or other attraction along the way, check to make sure your chosen extra stops are open and whether you need to book ahead.
- Be flexible. All good detectives, secret agents and treasure seekers need to be adaptable from time to time. If a new one-way pedestrian system means you are unable to follow a section of the route as intended, be prepared to put your navigational skills to the test to access that section of route the right way and get back on track!
- No Trail should go unsolved! If you exceed the three-clue limit on the 'stuck on a clue' helpline or have any problems getting the clue answers you need, please email or message us on Facebook, and we'll get those extra clue answers to you as soon as we can.
- Please note: Information on access, parking, public conveniences and other local facilities detailed within Trail booklets is up-to-date to the best of our knowledge. However, very recent changes may not be reflected right away.
FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES
When planning who you will be doing your Trail with, make sure you are following any remaining guidelines that may exist or be brought in regarding how many people you can socialise with outdoors.
Follow all current social distancing advice and regulations, as well as advice or regulations on wearing a face covering.
When choosing your Trail, ensure you adhere to any local lockdown rules, travel restriction guidelines and use of public transport in your chosen location.
For more information on Government Guidelines and Advice visit: How to stay safe and help prevent the spread
'Print at Home' download Trails can be purchased and printed out by you at any time.
'Printed by Us' and 'Personalised' options are printed and posted out Trails daily, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays). However, please note that Royal Mail is experiencing unprecedented demand at the moment. They are working as hard as they can, but this may cause a delay in your Trail reaching you. We've increased our expected delivery times to 3-5 days to allow for this. Plan several days ahead for a weekend adventure, or choose the download option for instant access to your Trail.
We hope you have a great time on your next adventure. We would like to thank you for exploring responsibly and staying alert on your Trail, and doing your bit to help keep everyone safe.
The Team @TT Towers