The BIG Household Treasure Trails Challenge 2021
We’re super proud to announce the winners of The BIG Household Treasure Trails Challenge 2021. So congratulations to…
The Kilburn-Bond Family!
Treasure Trails 2021 Household of the Year!
The K-Bs, as they like to be called, worked hard, knuckled down and gave this challenge their all. With so many incredible entries, the competition was fierce, and very tough at the top, but The K-Bs emerged the winners with their household trail: The Missing Mountain Map Malarkey!
As well as the kudos of being named Treasure Trails 2021 Household of the Year, and receiving a voucher to get their next Treasure Trail adventure on us, The Kilburn-Bond Family have also won a real Treasure Trails version of their creation! Check it out below!
Well done to the K-Bs and a big thank you to everyone who entered. There really were some fantastic entries and evidence of lots of future Trail Writers in the making, so keep up the good work!
*Competition now closed – but you can still make your own trail just for fun!
There are five tasks to complete in order to create your household Treasure Trail.
Each task will go towards creating your final trail, so make sure you do them all! Ready? Get your thinking caps on and let your creative juices flow; your challenge begins NOW!
Good luck, Trainee Trail Writers!
What to do:
Start at the beginning with Task 1! Simply submit your answer to Task 1 via the form provided to check your answer.
Complete our Virtual Trail. This is vital training for the challenge as your household trail will take the same format.
When you’ve solved it, submit your answer below. Don’t worry if you didn’t quite get it right – it’s just a warm-up and all part of the training! Once complete, you’re ready to crack on with Task 2.
Create your backstory
Get your creative hats on and create a story for your treasure hunt.
First, choose your key elements: What’s missing? Why is it missing? Who’s looking for it and why?
Then, build your story around this in no more than 150 words. If you need some inspiration, here are three of our favourite treasure hunt themed backstories to help you out!
Plan your trail
Just like our Virtual Trail, you’ll need to create what goes in your 18 trail boxes! Follow our guide, and you’ll have a fun-filled household trail in no time!
Download the Task 3 Instructions first, and then your Planner (Word or PDF). You can also use our Trail Box Guide to help you visualise your trail if it helps!
Dress the part
Whether you’re intrepid explorers or bold pirates, you need to look the part on your household trail! Create your own homemade outfits with things you already have – tin foil, kitchen or bathroom items, anything goes. When you’ve perfected your outfits, take a photo of yourselves, either in front of or somewhere in your home. This will be the front cover photo on your trail. Alternatively, if you’re more of an artist, draw a picture that sums up your household or your quest.
The big test
This is the most important part of your challenge; unless you test your trail, you won’t know if it works!
If you’re the kids, test it on the adults. If you’re the adults, test it on each other. If you all created it together, email it to a friend and then have a video call where they tell you where to go, so that they can test your trail for you!
Once tested, make any final adjustments needed.
You now have your final trail! Write it up in neat, and add your own designs. Then next time you have visitors, you have an awesome activity for them to do around your home!
After all that hard work…
…you probably need a bit of fresh air! Check to see if there’s a local Trail near you that you haven’t done yet!
The Team @ TT Towers
- There is one star prize on offer: a Treasure Trails copy of your own Household Treasure Hunt.
- There are five runner-up prizes of a Treasure Trails Voucher also available.
- Full prize details can be found in the competition post.
- Open to UK residents, excluding employees and associates of Treasure Trails.
- Entry is via the submission form on the competition page, and then sending entry details via the email reply.
- All valid entries will be looked at and winning entries chosen by the team at Treasure Trails.
- Closing date for entries is 11:59pm on Monday 1st March 2021
- The judges’ decision is final.
- One entry per household is permitted.
- Any photos you submit must be your own, or photos that you have permission to use from the copyright owner.
- By submitting photos, you confirm that the above is the case and are also giving us permission to share them on our website and social media channels.
- Winners will be notified via email within 5 days of the closing date.
- Runner up winners of Trail Vouchers will be given a voucher code valid for a Treasure Trails download.
- Winners of the star prize will be notified about their prize via email.
- The winner’s names will be available on request and may be published on our website. By entering, entrants agree that their household name, and any images or trail content submitted may appear as such.
- Prizes are non-transferable, and no monetary alternative will be offered.
- No purchase necessary.
- The promoter is Armstrong Best Ltd t/a Treasure Trails, Truro.
- By participating in this competition, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.