The Great TT Staycation Tour!
COMPETITION – Win a holiday!
***COMPETITION NOW CLOSED***
Summer is here, and for most of us in 2021, summer = staycation!
Here at Treasure Trails, we know of over 1000 great places to explore in the UK – well, we should, as we’ve written 1000+ Treasure Trails to explore them!
To inspire you, we’ve put together three Staycation Puzzles as part of our Great TT Staycation Tour. You’ll be virtually visiting and discovering more about UK locations while, at the same time, solving mysteries for the chance to win some fantastic prizes!
Prizes up for grabs
For our star prize, we’ve partnered up with our friends at QHotels and are thrilled to be able to offer a fantastic family break at one of their 21 four-star hotels and resorts! Awesome huh?! One lucky winner will enjoy a two-night family stay, including dinner and breakfast – yum!
Why QHotels? Well, if you’re looking for your next family adventure, each hotel and resort is only a stone’s throw away from plenty of fun family-friendly activities, and of course lots of great Treasure Trail locations!
Plus, with activity packs, family games, and milk and cookies before bed, you’ll be in lots of treats! You can check out the QHotels Quality Family Time Package here.
We’ve also got three fantastic monthly prizes to give away linked to each of the three legs of our Great TT Staycation Tour!
How to enter
You’ve got to be in it to win it, which means joining us on our virtual tour! Solve the mystery by completing each leg of the Great TT Staycation Tour to be in with a chance of winning a monthly prize.
Complete all three legs of the tour, and you’ll be in with a chance of nabbing the holiday!
The three legs of the tour
Okay, TT Staycationers, pack your bags, give the plants a good water and get ready – the TT Virtual Tour Bus is ready to depart!
Leg 1 – City Tour
City Tour Info:
Climb aboard the TT Tour Bus to visit 10 magnificent UK cities. Be prepared to be amazed at the fascinating facts you’ll uncover along the way!
Important! Be prepared for some tough virtual research in order to complete this mystery. Don’t give up though – you’ll get here in the end!
*THIS PRIZE HAS BEEN AWARDED – Leg 1 Deadline was 31st July 2021*
Get ready to jigsaw like a pro! If you’re the lucky City Tour winner, you’ll get to choose one of 99 Jigraphy Cityscape Maps jigsaws in either 400 or 1000 pieces. Plus, to ensure you can do some serious jigsawing wherever you go, you’ll get a super-useful travel jigsaw board!
Leg 2 – Coast & Countryside
Coast & Countryside Tour Info:
Climb aboard the TT Tour Bus to visit all 15 scenic UK National Parks. Discover something special about each one on order to identify a mystery item!
Important! As with Leg 1, you’ll need to carry out some online research to solve several of the clues. Best of luck!
Coast & Countryside Tour Answer Submission:
Remember to follow the instructions carefully once more – attention to detail, Staycationers! Your answer is a single letter, A-P.
The competition is now closed. You can check the answer via the link below:
Coast & Countryside Prize *NOW WON*:
Your picnics will never be the same again! If you’re our lucky Leg 2 winner, you’ll be picnicking in style with this picnic backpack set for four, plus a matching picnic blanket, from the Greenfield Collection. Complete with tablecloth and napkins, there’s even a ‘tidy up’ bag to make it super easy to pack up and carry on with the rest of your Treasure Trail!
Back to School Adventure
Back to School Tour Info:
Climb aboard the TT Tour Bus once more to visit 12 top places of learning across the UK. Use your expert observational skills to spot the evidence required to identify the mystery person who can help us solve this mystery once and for all.
Important! You’ll need to carry out your investigations virtually using Google Streetview in order to solve the clues. Best of luck!
Back to School Tour Answer Submission:
Remember to follow the instructions carefully once more – attention to detail, Staycationers! Your answer is a single letter, A-M:
The competition is now closed. You can check the answer below:
Back to School Prize *NOW WON*:
One lucky Leg 3 Staycationer will be in notebook heaven! Think never-ending doodles and the chance to make endless plans for future staycations. This reusable smart notebook from Rocket Book allows you to turn your creations into online files, wipe your notebook clean and start again! We’ve also thrown in a set of Pilot FriXion coloured pens – perfect for colour coding your Treasure Trails wish list!
Now we have all three puzzle answers, we can finally work out just why the City Tour was one stop short! Click on the button below to reveal what happened…
Optional tour stops
We hope the tour has inspired you to get out exploring on a Treasure Trail. If you’re a family with kids, add the wow-factor to your next weekend with an adventure. For the adults out there, make the most of the quieter tourist spots at this time of year! Whoever you are, those mild light evenings are perfect for a sneaky after school or work mystery!
Explore somewhere local or plan a weekend day trip or mini break and get exploring!
New to Treasure Trails? Our treasure hunt, spy mission and detective mystery-themed Trails are great for all ages (6-106), with plenty to keep adults entertained as well as family groups. So, gather your friends or family, choose your Trail and get out there exploring! Check out the video on our homepage, or learn more here.
Great TT Staycation Tour T&Cs
- There is one star prize plus three monthly prizes up for grabs.
- The star prize is a two-night family break with QHotels including dinner, bed and breakfast.
- Star prize based on two adults and two children sharing.
- Star prize includes dinner in the hotel restaurant on both evenings.
- Star prize must be taken within six months of the winner being announced and must be booked a minimum of three days in advance of stay.
- Participating hotels include all of the QHotels group, subject to availability.
- Entry to the star prize draw is via submitting three correct Tour answers.
- There is no cash prize alternative.
- Three monthly prizes are as detailed in the main text above.
- No cash prize alternative is on offer.
- Should one of the monthly prizes become unavailable, we reserve the right to provide an alternative but equivalent item in terms of function and value.
- Entry is via submitting an answer on this web page only.
- No purchase necessary.
- One entry per ‘Tour’ per household.
- Open to UK residents, excluding employees of Treasure Trails.
- Winners will be selected at random from all correct answers received.
- The closing date for entry to be eligible for monthly prizes is midnight at the end of the month specified, 2021.
- The closing date for all entries to be eligible for the star prize is midnight, 30th September 2021.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- We will notify winners via the email address on their entry form.
- If no response is received within 28 days, a new winner will be drawn.
- The winner of the Coast & Countryside Tour prize must confirm that they are over 18 in order for us to arrange delivery (metal cutlery and corkscrew included).
- The winner’s names and entries will be available on request.
- The promoter is Armstrong Best Ltd t/a Treasure Trails, Truro.
- This competition is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.