Local History Month Giveaway
Competition - win three great reads PLUS a local adventure this May
May is Local History Month! So, what better way to celebrate than with a giveaway of historical fiction and a local adventure.
As fans of Treasure Trails will already know, each and every one of our 1200+ Trails involves you delving into the past of the location you are exploring. You might find yourselves studying a historical monument or building, solving a clue on a plaque or information board about past people or events, or following in the footsteps of historical figures as you complete your Trail.
On top of that, many of our Trail stories are based around a real local historical person or event, built into a fictional tale for you to solve as you discover more about your chosen location.
To celebrate Local History Month 2022, we've picked our favourite Trail backstories to share with you. Plus, we've got hold of 10 sets of Conn Iggulden's three latest novels to give away. With the latest book not even out until 26th May, you could be one of the first people to get your hands on a copy, along with a Treasure Trails adventure of your choice!
What you could win:
There are 10 prize bundles to give away, each consisting of Conn Uggulden's last three novels plus a Treasure Trail. Conn Iggulden is an acclaimed master of the historical adventure novel, and we all love a bit of adventure here at Treasure Trails HQ!
The Athenian Series:
The Gates of Athens brings to life two pivotal battles in the ancient Greek world, while Protector immerses you in another epic adventure through the battlefields of ancient Greece. Both books were instant Sunday Times bestsellers.
The Golden Age Series (NEW):
Lion is set in the 5th-century BC and is the first book in this new series where the age of myths and legends has given way to the world of men. Released on 26th May 2022, you could be one of the first to enjoy this one!
‘Iggulden tells an absolutely cracking story..." The Times, which is why we think you'll love these books. And what's more, we're throwing a Treasure Trail into the prize bundle so that you can get outdoors and have an epic adventure of your own between reads.
How to enter:
Simply complete this competition entry form before the end of May to be in with a chance of winning one of the 10 prize bundles.
* denotes required information
Fact or Fiction?
While you're waiting to find out if you've won, check out our Top Ten Fact or Fiction? Trails! Local History Month has inspired us to pick some of our favourite Trail backstories based on real local events, people or treasures from around the UK. It's up to YOU to decide what is fact and what is fiction...
Penguin Book Competition T&Cs:
- There are 10 prize bundles up for grabs; each contains a set of the three books detailed above plus a Treasure Trails Voucher.
- A Treasure Trails Voucher is valid for a Printed or Download version of any Trail available for sale on our website.
- Open to UK residents, excluding employees of Treasure Trails.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received before the deadline.
- Only one entry per person/email address.
- The closing date for entries is 11:59pm on Tuesday 31st May 2022.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Entry is via the entry form on this page only.
- Winners will be notified via the email address on their entry form within five days of the closing date.
- The books will be posted out to winners, who will also be emailed with their Trail Voucher Code.
- The winner’s names and entries will be available on request.
- The promoter is Armstrong Best Ltd t/a Treasure Trails, Truro.
- By participating in this prize draw, entrants confirm they have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.