As part of our '15 Games to Entertain Kids on Long Car Journeys' series to help you survive an upcoming trip in one piece, we have created a great free downloadable observation game for children aged 5-105 to play.
In a nutshell:
Spot items on a car journey to cross off bingo cards.
This will stop you getting asked "are we nearly there yet?" for...
About 30 minutes.
Required Mensa levels
Pretty easy this one. Anyone aged 5 - 105 will be able to enjoy I-Spy Car Bingo!
Once you have downloaded your I-Spy Bingo Cards grab some pens, read the below instructions and you are ready to go!
Instead of numbers, you will see that each Bingo Card contains names of things that you may see on your car journey. Each time you see one of these items you can put a cross in that square. All the cards are different, some items appear on every card, whilst others only appear on one card.
The first person to get a line of crosses (up, down, or diagonal) shouts "Bingo" and wins a small prize, or 1 point. The first person to cross all the items off their card shouts "House" and wins an even bigger prize, or 5 points.
When a player sees an item on their card, they must declare it to the other players by shouting "I-Spy a (name of item)", so that it can be verified by the others. Other players with that item on their card can't cross it off as they have to see the item themselves.
If two people call out at the exactly the same time for the same item, and it can't be determined who called out first, then that item does not count for either player and they have to spot it again.
Tips & Variants
- Laminate the bingo sheets and use dry wipe pens that can be wiped off afterwards.
- Get players to select their bingo cards randomly.
- Create your own cards with items that are more suited to the area in which you are driving. We've included some blank bingo sheets for you to get creative.
- If there are more than 4 players, use the extra blank sheets but try to make sure that you keep the difficulty level the same - no cheating now!
- So - pens at the ready and we hope you enjoy playing I-Spy Car Bingo on your next car journey, hopefully on the way to your next Treasure Trail.
Aaron Hutchens 8th July 2016
Posted In: Travel Games
Tags: I-Spy Car Bingo game